Friday, July 4, 2008

Weekend in San Mateo

This last weekend Derek and I house sat for my Aunt who has a condo in San Mateo.We had a great time!!! Thoroughly enjoyed the fact that her place was one block away from Central Park too. Each morning I would get up, throw on my Ipod and tennies and run to and inside this wonderful park. At the entrance, there was an Arboretum and a small rose garden, and right behind that the park opened to a large grassy area that was surrounded by trees and benches. Along the outer part of the park was picnic areas, a playground, a small kiddie train, and a Japanese garden. It is also a dog friendly park so there were numerous puppies and their proud owners everyday. On Saturday after a nice run, I met a man that was out walking his two dogs; a papa Rottweiler and his boy pup. Tooo Cuuute!(the puppy, not the man) His name was Drako and I fell in love with him:)
Through out the weekend we also discovered the fabulous Drager's and didn't want to leave. It's like Whole Foods to the 10th power. Quality, that's all I can say!!
Most importantly, the weekend was about enjoying each other and the simple things in life:) I think we found a place that we can consider relocating to if the opportunity was there. It's as far north and up the peninsula as we would go, we
both agree.
I know you're thinking, "San Mateo?" but actually it's quite a nice area. The neighborhoods are filled with tree lined streets, alot of quaint homes, and central to all the major necessities like the freeways, the never ending El Camino, shops, stores. etc...the weather is pretty close to the south bay but just a little breezier:) You never know....;)

No comments: