Thursday, July 17, 2008

Medical Update

Oh thank you god! That's all that I can say. Yesterday, I went to the imaging department @ UCSF and took the scan that I needed to take which was a PET/CT. I came home with the disappointing assumption that I wouldn't be getting the results back for another day or so. But to my surprise, Tom, the oncology nurse called me with the results that night! He informed me that the test came back with great news...that the spot on my liver appeared to be essentially the same size and that there was no evidence of spreading!! Oh HOLY NIGHT!! That's all that I can say:) It was such a relief to have a response so quickly but to get such great news... that was the icing on the cake, the star on the tree, the bedazzled jewel on my hair petal, etc....;) Tom also informed me that we were to come in and meet with my Dr. on Monday to discuss the details in person. Gladly!!

No comments: