Saturday, August 9, 2008

1st full week of TNT!!

So this week was our first full week of this fall season with Team In Training (TNT)...and wow...I'm beat!! The week started with a shoe clinic at Running Revolution in Campbell. The owners there are all apart of TNT in one way or another and one is actually our head coach for the south bay run team! That mission of the evening was to educate us newbies to the up and coming world of running that we have now entered. We were given information on the who,what,where, and why of running shoes and gear. We were professionally annalyzed and measured for the right shoe and I love mine! Despite the fact that most all running shoes come in the same bright neon colors, I did find a pair of Nike's that work for me....hmmm maybe someone needs to work on that! Thanks Running Revolution and my coach Tim!!

Then on Thursday of that week, the south bay run team met for our first Coaches Workout. We meet on the front lawn at the Los Gatos High School. Each week, will consist of a 15-20min warm-up/work-out before hitting the trail for a practice run. This day we had an awesome Core strengthening coach work with us...OUCH, hahah. After we were nice and warmed up, we all headed out to the trail and did a practice run...3 miles! I have to say I did really well. I'm so proud of myself...I ran the entire 3 miles straight and only needed to stop for about 20 sec or so. YEA BABY!! The great thing about training with this group is that no matter what level you are or how fast you are going, there's always someone there to run with you and push you along. Lots of good energy to feed off of, for sure:) The night ended with most of us heading down the street to eat and get to know each other better.

Friday night, my group and one other, had a bbq at our Mentor's house in Santa Clara. This was a nice opportunity to get to now each other on a more closely and exchange ideas for fundraising and what to expect for this season. Good Times! Crazy Kids!!

Then to complete the week we had our first Regional Run in Los Gatos. 7 am came way to fast that morning for me. Unfortunatly, the night before, I tossed and turned for the main part of the evening. But none the less, I got myself up, with whole wheat bagel and water in hand, I headed to the High School to meet my team mates. The run was a total of 4 miles and this time, even despite the lack of sleep, I ran this in it's entirety!! I completed the morning with a big breakfast (egg white omlette and hash browns) and I was done ! Nap time!!

Visit my new web page....http://pages.teamintraining.org/sj/nikesf08/gayala

No comments: