Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our 7th year!

Wow, our anniversary was coming around again, and so quickly it seemed. I honestly had not been putting much thought into the plans or details this year. There had been so much going on the last few months physically and emotionally that I decided that this year, I wasn't going to plan anything on my end. I wanted to be surprised this year, it was my anniversary too after all....

Derek was in for a surprise when he took on the challenge to plan something for us and maybe even come up with few spontaneous ideas this year. Bless his heart, and most guys hearts, who may not know that we want to be swept off our feet sometimes. He did well though! He started the weekend off treating us to a night at the Four Seasons in Palo Alto! What a BEAUTIFUL hotel! It was the first time being there for both of us, and every time I had driven past it in the past, I would say "I'd love to stay there one day", but I mean c'mon, it's not like the type of place that you randomly pick to crash at, unfortunately. But this was a special occasion and it wasn't about just needing a place to crash at, fortunately. Derek remembered my desire to go there and made it happen, "Dink" (the sound of my tear of joy).





Shortly after we checked in to our room, and shortly after we explored every nook and cranny of sophistication and class within our room, we headed down to get our massage in the spa. This experience was as equally high-class with a huge dose of relaxation. I enjoyed an hour massage which wasn't long enough, as it never is:) Derek selflessly took the half hour time slot due to the fact that it was the only other option available at the time. What a sweetheart. I'm a lucky girl!




It's always hard to quickly snap out of the coma that you go into during a massage but we had no choice if we wanted to make our dinner reservation downtown that night. We cabbed it down to Mantra Restaurant in Palo Alto and enjoyed this wonderful "new to us" place that served modern Indian cuisine inside a beautiful interior space. Dinner was great and we enjoyed every morsel.



We head back to our new home for the night. I'm telling you, even the most rural folk would consider converting into a sophisticated ubanite after staying at the Four Seasons! We were both pleasantly surprised to receive a special gift from the hotel shortly after we arrived back at our room. Knowing that we were celebrating an anniversary, they sent up a bottle of Champagne, chocolate truffles and a small array of strawberries and berries. In chocolate, they wrote "Congratulations on 7 years" on the plate. Wow....I was so touched by their gesture that I made sure that we finished everything on the plate, down to the powdered sugar. Hahah...like I wasn't gonna do that anyway! Thank you FS;)



The next morning I took advantage of their gym and tried to counteract the consumption of excess calories this weekend....I know, I know I make any excuse to run these days;) Then the day began with a wonderful breakfast inside the hotel restaurant, Quatro. Yuuum!



After sadly checking out, we headed to Capitola for the Art & Wine Festival. Enjoying samples of many coastal wineries, checking out local art, and being right next to the beach was a nice way to finish off our weekend. Thank you Baby, Happy Anniversary:)


No comments: