Sunday, September 28, 2008

Medical Update

I know you have been anxious, as have I, to hear what the results where of the scan I took last week. I've been going back in forth with the NP, and he with the radiology department, trying to clearly understand how the report was reading....what we know at this point is that there are two spots on my liver and that they are stable and have not changed from the last scan in July. This is essentially GREAT news!!! The only thing that is still unclear to me is why is there now two spots that are showing up, where as in July and even as far back as April, there was only one spot that the doctors where concerned about? The radiologist states that both spots where there in the last scan but due to difference in techniques, and they are both unchanged. Ok, first of all I love how these doctors aren't being very articulate and don't seem to speak English when speaking about my medical issues. A difference in technique could apply to the scan I took at Valley Medical back in April -Vs.- the first scan at UCSF in July, however the scan taken last week was done with the same machine, at the same location, and analyzed by the same radiology department=UCSF! What am I not understanding here?

Again, GREAT news that the consistent words here are stable and unchanged! My doctors don't seem to be worried about this second spot and so I guess I shouldn't be:) I just don't understand and until that is clarified, in ENGLISH, than I will still feel a little uneasy. A LITTLE I said, need not worry...it could be sooo much worse..."steady and unchanged, steady and unchanged..."

I wait for response in the mean time but I do know I will go back in November, rescan(for last scan of the series), and meet with my oncologist to discuss how to proceed at that point:)

No comments: