Friday, November 7, 2008

NASM certification

So I'm back in school! Well "home school";) I started the NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) personal training program at the beginning of last month. Most of you may know that for awhile now I had been entertaining the idea of becoming a personal trainer.

Over the last two years, I have been more and more focused on getting into a healthy physical state and have loved all of the many progressions that I've gone through. Challenging myself a little more at each phase, and started to feel like maybe I could somehow be involved in the fitness industry....hmmmm. Is this really coming from my mouth?? Someone who had always struggled with her own weight... someone who never thought that she could ever really change her body... and someone who, never hated exercise, she never seemed to be able to make it apart of her life on a regular basis. Ever! An infamous Yo-Yo dieter, a Yo-Yo exerciser, which meant a Yo-Yo weight control-er! Agh, enough already! To make a long story short, in March of 2007, I reached my weight loss goal of 50 lbs. with the help of the God-sent Weight Watchers program! It also started a new found love and respect for health and fitness. I started incorporating many forms of exercise from cardio and strength training classes, to biking, to hiking, to running.

Could I somehow be apart of the fitness industry?? I think so...

My goal now is to become certified as a personal trainer and work with individuals on a one-on-one basis to help them achieve their own physical fitness goals. The body is a fascinating machine and although I'm starting to find out just how complicated our machines are, as I'm trying to learn about them, I hope to find an even better appreciation for my own:) Stay tuned to hear more...

No comments: